Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt

OTTAWA, Ont. [url=http://www.theeaglesfootballauthentic.com/eagles-chuck-bednarik-bla
OTTAWA, Ont. Chuck Bednarik Youth Jersey . -- Darren Moulding came into the Rideau Curling Club in Ottawa with a bad memory on his mind, but he left it with a much better one. Moulding and his Alberta rink from Coaldale and Airdrie captured the 2014 Canadian mixed curling championship with an 8-5 win over defending champion Cory Heggestad of Ontario, ten years after he fell short to Saskatchewans Steve Laycock at the Rideau Club in the final of the Canadian junior mens championship. "I thought about it. Its even the same sheet of ice," Moulding said with a chuckle. "Its something thats bothered me for 10 years. "Just two years ago, somebody was talking to me about it and asked me about the double I missed in seven (against Laycock) and I damn near started to cry. So, yeah, it puts a bit of a lid on that for me. It was something that always chafed me a little bit." Mouldings rink of Anna-Marie Moulding, Heather Jensen, and Brent Hamilton claimed Albertas 10th title at the Canadian Mixed, and first since Calgarys Dean Ross prevailed in 2008. Alberta, 9-2 and first place after the round robin, had a slow start, giving up a steal of one to an Ontario team that won three times on Friday to reach the final. But Moulding came back strong the next two ends, tapping for a deuce in the second and stealing one in the third when Heggestad attempted a double-takeout. But Heggestad tied it with single points in the next two ends, and forced Moulding to a single in the sixth before taking his first lead of the game with a great double-takeout in the seventh to score two. A runback double-takeout from Hamilton set up Mouldings tap for a deuce to retake the lead. In the ninth, two Ontario picks left Heggestad with only a tough in-off to score; he would miss it, and Moulding would steal two to put the game and the national championship away. "It was a crazy game," said Moulding. "We had our chances. We almost broke it open in five when I had a shot for five or six. After missing that it felt like somebody kicking me in the gut. But then you go, OK, were tied with the hammer. Someone tells us were tied with hammer with five ends to go to win a Canadian championship, you take it, right? With the win, Moulding gets two entries (two two-person teams) into the 2014 Canadian Mixed Doubles trials, slated for March 19-23, also in Ottawa. The winner of the 32-team competition will then represent Canada at the World Mixed Doubles in Scotland in April. The 2015 Canadian Mixed Championship is scheduled for Nov. 8-15, with the pre-qualifier to take place Nov. 6 and 7 at the Granite Club, in North Bay, Ont. Herman Edwards Jersey . Philbin said Thursday he wants players to treat one another with civility and he wont tolerate anything less. In taking questions for the first time since Ted Wells released his report into the bullying scandal that rocked the league, Philbin made it clear things would be cleaned up. Michael Bennett Eagles Jersey . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. http://www.theeaglesfootballauthentic.co...ck-jersey/ . But that changed when he committed a five-minute major penalty and helped pave the way for a comeback by the Philadelphia Flyers. Vincent Lecavalier scored at 2:45 of overtime and the Flyers rallied from a two-goal deficit for a 5-4 victory on Sunday.SAO PAULO - Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is worried the street protests that are planned during the World Cup could hurt his teams chances of winning the title. Scolari says that although Brazilians have the right to complain about the government and demand improvements, perhaps the protests wont be coming at the "right time." He said the protests "could, big-time" affect his players performance during the World Cup, although he will not prohibit them from talking about the subject during the tournament. In an interview with Globo TV late Sunday, Scolari also said Brazil should have done a better job in its preparations for the World Cup, and said he has already made up his mind on 21 of the 23 players of his squad. Violent anti-government protests erupted across Brazil last year as people took to the streets calling for better services and questioning the billions being spent on hosting the World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympics. The protests have since diminished in size, but they are widely expected again in the run-up to this years football tournament. "I think the protests can happen," Scolari said. "If they are peaceful, then thats democracy. Everyone has the right to protest. But I dont know if its the right time." The coach had already tried to distance the national team from the protests during last years Confederations Cup, when the largest public demonstrations in a generation broke out at the start of the warm-up tournament. Protests happenned in all six host cities at the time, although matches and teams were not directly affected as Brazil went on to win the title. Tommy McDonald Eagles Jersey. The players openly talked about the protests last year and the coach said they will be allowed to do it again during the World Cup. "They are national team players and they are on a mission," he said. "They can express themselves and say look, I also want a better Brazil, but I dont want it to be something that causes problems to our environment." Scolari also criticized Brazils preparations for the World Cup, saying that the country wasted time and should have done more to get things ready more quickly. "We could have done a better job to take advantage of these seven years that we had to prepare everything that was going to be needed, from airports to roads to education," he said. "But we lost time and we now we are out of time." Scolari last week confirmed nine players who will make Brazils squad — David Luiz, Oscar, Ramires, Willian, Paulinho, Julio Cesar, Thiago Silva, Fred and Neymar — and on Sunday he said there are only two spots remaining in the team. "We are still making observations, there are a lot of things we are still looking at," he said. Scolari will announce the official 23-man squad on May 7. Seven possible alternates will be announced later. Brazil will play friendlies against Panama and Serbia just before the World Cup opener against Croatia on June 12. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste